and we have days left!

Monday, January 3, 2011

"...but we travel for fulfillment."

-Quote by Hilaire Belloc.

Since our last post two of us have graduated and we've had lots of family and friend time!  I'll show you a little bit of my fun...


Graduation
 

W11OOP!
   
We're leaving in two days!  I nearly can't believe that it's actually here.  You'd think that since the four of us are so excited to go that we would have started packing... but the procrastinator in all of us won out, I think.  I know my room still looks like it did when I moved in all of my stuff from College Station (or worse)!  Tomorrow will be a busy day for me. 

We leave from Dallas on Wednesday and we would love prayers.  I know that so many people have told me they pray for us every day and that is so awesome, but some extra attention on Wednesday would be greatly appreciated.  Saying a prayer for safety is generally the most common reaction to a day of travel like this, but I am asking for a different kind of prayer.  I've heard a couple times recently that safety may not be the thing that God wants for his people and it's probably not the main goal of the four of us (especially since we're leaving our "safe zone").  Instead, please focus on our work in Lima.  Our influence on the people there.  Our impact for the kingdom of God.  Our peace in sharing the love of the Lord. 

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!
-JLD

2 comments:

  1. howdy, i'm alison thompson's mom, cathie...i came to read your post and when i saw your countdown calendar to when you leave for Lima, i burst into tears....i don't know exactly where it came from but maybe that i know that it is true, safety isn't most important but the people of LIMA and God's plan is and then that let's my heart come to the realization that alison and justin and kids will leave soon, and i know that is God's will. i will be a prayer warrior for you and would love for you to contact me anytime with specific requests...i have your blog on my google reader,

    another thing i have learned is that you need to pray for all of the people who will serve you as you fly. peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see the team's excitement today and willingness to serve the Lord. You will be in our constant prayers as will those who you will be serving. May God bless you guys in your efforts. Let Susan and I know if you need anything. We love all of you.
    Alan and Susan Glaeser

    ReplyDelete