and we have days left!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Departamento de Voluntarios - Intern Apartment

I've got several exciting things to share in this post.  The first is about a Bible study I've been doing with Stacy during our mentor time.  The English speaking women's group was reading Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer when Taylor and I started going, and Stacy and I decided to finish the parts that the group had done before we joined.  It has been a great study making me rethink my ideas of the Holy Spirit and the voice of God in my life.  God has used this study to break down my wrong beliefs and to teach me so much about Himself.  I totally recommend this study to any group of women, small or large.

The team had some visitors during Semana Santa that the interns were espeically excited about: Kelly and Sara Davidson!  I'm sure John Mark and his family were excited since their grandparents were in town, but they weren't the only ones.  It was so great to have the leaders of AFC, who have been wonderful mentors to all of the interns over the past four years, in town for a while.  On a Monday we got to have a special time of conversation and yummy food from "the goddess of homemaking" that was reflective and encouraging.  Thanks Kelly and Sara for being such great role models for us on so many levels.  We love you!
AFC love!

Speaking of AFC love... the AFC South America group will be here in a little over two weeks.  It is the interns' "job" to hang out with them while they are here doing ministry, encouraging the team, and learning about the culture.  The team has been planning for their few weeks here and we are really excited about it.  We would love for you to follow their blog while they are traveling and to pray for their preparation, fundraising, travel, and growth.

Now about the title of this post... I'm writing this blog sitting in the new intern apartment!  Taylor and I moved from the Fletcher house to the apartment on Thursday after spending about a month furnishing it with help from the whole team.  We will finish our time in Lima living in the apartment then in August, four new girl interns will move in for their 9 months with the team.  Two of these girls, Lyndsay and Chelsey, have a blog already.  Please pray for our preparations for them and for the time they have left in the states and the time they'll have here in Lima.
The chair I'm sitting in now in the intern apartment.
Big things are happenning in Lima!
Until next time,
JLD

2 comments:

  1. Ummmmm I love love love that chair!
    -Chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a GREAT chair!!! can i come sit in it while i'm there? (12 days!!) thanks to all of you for getting such a great place set up for the girls. it will be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete