and we have days left!

Monday, June 13, 2011

novo lugar (brazil)

    I havent posted a blog in over a month and for that I am very sorry. Ill try really hard to make this one mind blowing. So the last month in lima has been pretty busy for me. The interns and I worked hard to prepare for the arrival of our fellow AFCers.  Their arrival was exciting, as they immediately jumped into action. over the next couple of weeks they tore through service projects traveled around peru, and adventured through the local gastronomy. Overall their adventure was a huge success. I was excited to get to see friends and build new relationships with people from home.  If you would like to read more about the AFCs time in peru go to www.afewinperu.blogspot.com  and read some of their post.

    Its been a strange feeling the past couple of weeks, knowing that our internship is almost over. Ive never been a big fan of saying goodbye to people. However having the AFC here to help transition back to the states has been a huge blessing. We have had the opportunity to spend lots of time together through multiple bus rides, devos and all sorts of service projects. We had a blast in a town called ica, a place that I have been wanting to visit since I arrived in Peru. In the middle of the dessert in Ica is a small oasis called huacachina (wakacheena). We got to go on adventures in the sand dunes in buggys, and slide down them on snowboard shaped boards. It was a great time for sure. Kyle and I walked around the oasis on the second day looking for the smallest fastest buggy we could find, and hired the guy to tear through the sand dunes with us. It was an adventure I wont forget.

   On friday night, I said goodbye to many of the friends I have made over the past 5 months. I enjoyed seeing everyone, and looking back on the friendships that we have built. Its fun to compare our abilities to communicate compared to when we first arrived. It was hard to say goodbye to everybody, but there is always a sense of excitement for what is to come. The next day I left peru with the AFCers bound for my next door neighbors, Brazil. My first impressions of brazil have been really good. I love the city we are in, called porto allegre. We have already been off to a busy start as we went to a profesional soccer game, and cleaned out a house thats getting ready for some new missionaries to move into. Im excited about the rest of our time in Brazil, and im sure that God will bring us some blessings, and great stories. Ill be back in the states on the 1st of july, so give me a call. If you bring the barbecue ill come.

God Bless,
Kyle Glaeser

No comments:

Post a Comment